Residence or Domicile

For most people living in the UK, the question of what income and gains should be included on their tax return is an easily answered question because they are both UK-domiciled and UK tax resident. Anyone domiciled and resident in the UK needs to
report their worldwide income and capital gains on their return.

However, what happens if you are either non-UK domiciled but UK resident, or UK-domiciled but non-UK resident? In these circumstances, different rules apply

This overview provides a straightforward explanation of the differences and impact on your tax affairs.

If you would like further assistance or guidance on determining where you should pay tax, and how to best organise your tax affairs please do contact us today

Download our free guide to Residence and Domicile and how it impact how much UK tax you pay