VAT Advice & Planning
As a transaction tax, VAT has an impact on all businesses and industry sectors, whether you are VAT registered or not. Therefore it is essential to be able to obtain clear, concise and practical VAT advice. This is particularly relevant due to the strict penalty regime adopted by HMRC where they will consider having taken VAT advice on complicated matters as a sign of taking ‘reasonable care’.
VAT affects a range of business functions, with wide variations in the rules depending on your business activities and sector. TC provides cost effective and practical UK VAT advice to professional firms such as accountants, lawyers and architects, as well as SMEs, large corporates, charities, local authorities and private clients with business interests. The breadth of our experience covers all business sectors with a strong reputation for specialist sector VAT expertise within property and construction, not for profit and cross border supply issues.
Our aim is to help you retain your wealth by paying no more VAT than is necessary. We will actively look at your business to see where operational improvements could lead to savings in VAT.
What we can help with:
- Advice during the planning stages of new contracts/ business start-ups/ company structures
- VAT registration and de-registration
- Preparation of VAT returns and other compliance work
- Negotiating efficient and effective partial exemption, business/ non business methods with HMRC
- Advice on place of supply of goods and services
- VAT treatment of complex transactions including transfers of a going concern, the option to tax on land & property, the effect of zero & reduced rates on property development, the finance and insurance exemptions, VAT groups and the impact of anti-avoidance legislation
- VAT reliefs available to charities
- VAT reviews, healthchecks and bespoke training seminars
- Assistance during HMRC VAT audits and inspections
- HMRC dispute resolution and appeals
Free no-obligation consultation
Whether you need independent, expertise advice for a personal or a business matter, contact us today and we will provide you with a free, no-obligation, initial consultation.