Tax Credits & Relief
Tax Credits & Relief
The UK has a number of tax credits and reliefs that can help your business make big savings and
Many businesses are missing out on tax relief by failing to claim research and development (R&D) tax credits and reliefs.
R&D is a corporation tax relief that can reduce your company’s tax bill or even lead to a cash
payment from HMRC. It is available to all companies and can be claimed on advances across a broad range of sciences and technologies. Even if you are already making R&D claims, it is always worth checking to ensure that you are getting the maximum relief.
At TC, we have extensive experience of preparing claims across a number of industry
sectors including pharmaceuticals, engineering, telecommunications, food science and software, and agreeing these claims with HMRC’s specialist R&D units.
Access to tax relief expertise can also help if your business is looking to raise funds. Putting the right structure in place so that investors can maximise the tax relief available through schemes such as the Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) and Seed Enterprise Investment Schemes (SEIS) can be a key factor in attracting investment.
Our services include:
- Meeting with you to review your R&D activities.
- Working closely with the company’s technical and accounting departments to produce a report that details both the nature of the company’s R&D activities and maximises the costs that can be included in the claim.
- Preparing robust R&D tax claim and advising on the viability and likelihood of success.
- Corresponding with HMRC on claims and helping with record-keeping as well as structuring accounting systems to ensure the tax claim process is efficient in the future.
- Working with you and your investors to plan and structure EIS/SEIS investments, including advice on the structure of groups and identifying areas of risk.
- Preparing relevant forms and reviewing qualifying conditions on an ongoing basis.
Free no-obligation consultation
Contact a member of the TC team today to arrange a free consultation.