Working directly for the Group VAT Partner, we have an exciting opportunity for VAT specialists to work remotely on a full time basis. Travel to one of our offices may be required on a monthly basis. We are looking to recruit at different levels for roles as VAT Assistant Manager, VAT Manager and VAT Senior Manager as we seek to expand the current team.
This is a pure advisory role for a company who are exploring bold new ways of working in a new era of accounting. You can mould this role to who you want to be. If you are ambitious and want to be involved in business development and building relationships – there is the option to. Alternatively, if you want to focus on technical challenging VAT work, this can be tailored to you too. An excellent career development opportunity with direct progression to Partner level if desired. We do not complete timesheets to do our work so each person will have a billing target. You will not need to agree fees with clients yourself so there is no pressure on utilisation or chargeable hours.
Skills and attributes
You should be someone who:
- can be responsible for managing a portfolio of clients in a variety of sectors
- analyses queries, identifies core issues, investigates and researches complex technical issues
- has experience in advising numerous business sectors
- has knowledge of businesses trading across Europe post Brexit
- is a team player who works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues and clients
- is able to prioritise and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- builds the reputation of the firm through the quality of work, knowledge and high level of client service
- is able to explain complex issues in a way non VAT experts will understand
Guidance, development and mentoring will be provided.
A generous remuneration package includes:
- £38,000 – £80,000 depending on experience
- pension scheme
- life assurance
- 23 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays) – increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 28 days
- opportunity to purchase additional holiday days
- full time with flexible working hours
- flexible working from home
- access to our corporate reward scheme
- employee Assistance Programme
- opportunity to develop your skills and progress within the Firm
- relaxed and friendly working environment
We can only accept applications from candidates who are based in the UK and unfortunately we are unable to provide Sponsorship.