Are you an ambitious individual looking to start your career in accountancy?
Take your A Levels to the next level by getting the best start to becoming a qualified Accountant. Our Ibstock office is looking for a Trainee Accountant to join their small but successful accounts team.
Join our training programme and take your career as far as you can. It’s the place to be successful and be with others who started just like you. You might be still be completing your A levels, or someone who has an established career and wants to switch and start a new career in accountancy.
You’ll be supported to study towards a formal AAT accountancy qualification (Association of Accounting Technicians) via an apprenticeship and start your journey towards a fulfilling and rewarding accountancy career. With the benefits of on the job learning and structured training, you will be given all the skills and support you need as well an impressive client list. Senior members of the team will support with training and our internal training will help you develop in the role.
The accounts team prepares accounts for a variety of external clients from organisations across the UK. You will learn the fundamentals of bookkeeping, accounts preparation, VAT returns, payroll, budgeting, basic audit testing and financial performance, personal and corporate tax and building relationships with clients. In Ibstock we have a diverse client base to include, SMEs, not-for-profit individuals, and regulated industries.
Key responsibilities are:
- assisting the team with accounts preparations
- preparing the management accounts
- preparing tax computations for internal tax department review
- clearing tax and manager reviews
- assisting other trainees and accountants with queries
- drafting company projections
- liaising with clients on accounts and tax queries as required
- assisting with office administrative tasks
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- minimum of 1 year of accountancy practice experience
- AAT Level 3 qualified or above
- excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office with intermediate Excel skills as a minimum
- excellent IT skills
- highly personable with excellent communication skills
- organised, efficient with attention to detail
- able to work as part of a team and ask for help when out of depth
- able to demonstrate drive and initiative
A generous remuneration package includes:
- salary range from £17,500 – £19,000 per annum
- study support to complete professional qualifications
- pension scheme
- life assurance
- 23 days annual leave (exc BH)
- day off for birthday leave
- opportunity to purchase additional holiday days
- access to our corporate reward scheme
- employee Assistance Programme
- opportunity to develop your skills and progress within the Firm
- relaxed and friendly working environment
Why join us?
We will support you and give you anything you need to succeed and progress your career. All of our trainee opportunities follow apprenticeship standards, which we fully fund. This includes time out of the office to attend college, complete online courses and study leave. This combined with the support you will receive from your manager, buddy and mentor means that you should be fully supported to becoming a professionally qualified accountant. We recognise that personal development training is also essential in becoming a well trusted business adviser and we also support all of our employees with a blended approach to their development which includes a mixture of classroom, online and on the job learning.