A fantastic opportunity for a motivated individual to start your career in accountancy, working towards an internationally recognised qualification.
You will join a dynamic team with a high quality client base and rapidly gain responsibility whilst at the same time completing your accounting qualification with us. You will work from our office in Croydon, gaining valuable on-the-job experience, servicing some of our leading SME businesses.
Joining as a Trainee Tax Assistant, you will initially be supporting managers and partners and learning some basic tax compliance and tax legislation. Your qualifications will start with ATT (Association of Taxation Technicians) and progress to CTA (Chartered Institute of Taxation) as an apprentice. As your qualification progresses, so will your career and your exposure to more complex tax work.
Equally as importantly you will learn how to work effectively in a team, how to build strong and lasting professional relationships and also how to deliver exceptional client service. This is a diverse role and you need to be prepared to be involved and have a willingness to learn.
Your career development progression with us will be rapid. You will:
- Benefit from working in our small, close-knit, supportive, and high performing team of like-minded individuals who will coach you on a daily basis in all aspects of your role.
- Receive bespoke formal training appropriate to your progression.
- Get responsibility early in your career.
- Work with an extensive variety of clients in a range of different industries
Successful candidates for this role will be intelligent and hard-working. As well taking your first steps in a great career you will find your role with us to be enjoyable and fun – everyone within the team is warm, sociable and supportive – you will work with people that stay friends for your entire career.
To undertake a career with us you need to be enthusiastic, hard-working and able to meet deadlines. Your new colleagues will support you as you rapidly learn the role of a Tax Advisor. But you need to be prepared to put in the effort in both your work and your ATT qualification.
You will also need to be a good team player, have great communication skills and be personable. Most of your role will be working within a small team, interacting with your colleagues and our client’s teams. You need to be able to get on with people, and be positive always.
You will be carrying out an important role ensuring that our clients comply with their regulatory compliance duties and also receive the highest standards of advice from us. In order to achieve this you need to be professional, diligent and have a strong attention to detail.
Strong GCSE results in both Maths and English, grade 4 or above.
A levels (C and above) or equivalent.
A first or second class degree.
An appreciation of basic Excel skills is advantageous.
You need to have access to a car and hold a current UK driving license (or be working towards this).
You need to have a current right to work in the UK.
- Salary range from £17,000 – £21,000 depending on experience.
- Pension scheme.
- Life assurance.23 days annual leave (exc BH) – increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 28 days.
- Opportunity to purchase additional holiday days.
- Free on-site parking.
- Access to our corporate reward scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Opportunity to develop your skills and progress within the Firm.
- Relaxed and friendly working environment.