Are you a tax professional looking for a new career?
TC Group are officially one of the fastest growing Top 40 UK firms and have a fantastic opportunity to join the Farnham team with excellent career progression and study support.
Working closely with the accounts and tax team, you will be given a degree of autonomy in the delivery of your work but there will always be a member of the team to support you where necessary. Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing tax returns and computations on a timely basis.
- Preparing company tax returns and computations for audit clients.
- Being the main point of contact for all personal tax client and proactively contacting clients to forward information required to complete their returns.
- Reminding clients of personal tax payments as they become due.
- Monthly contact with clients when corporation tax payments are due.
- Monthly review of company tax return deadlines and ensuring filing deadlines are met.
- Delivering exceptional client service.
- Responsible for the annual filing of director salary submissions to HMRC.
- Preparing and submitting ATED returns.
- Advising on, preparing and submitting P11d returns.
- Advising on PAYE settlement agreement duties to clients, to include calculating and communicating amounts due to HMRC.
- Responsible for the timely submission of Form 42 and EMI40 forms to HMRC.
- Submitting personal and company tax returns to HMRC.
- Calculating quarterly instalment payments for corporation tax for large companies.
- Managing tax related incoming correspondence and ensuring it is actioned to deadlines.
- Regular liaison with the accounts team and tax team.
- Assisting in tax projects.
- Answering day to day queries.
- Liaising with HMRC, clients and third parties when needed.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- ATT part qualified or qualified.
- 2 years tax experience working in an accountancy firm.
- Accurate data entry skills with excellent knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Ability to work efficiently to tight deadlines and organise and prioritise own workload.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Driven with a strong work ethic.
- A willingness to work as an integral part of a busy team.
- Experience with CCH would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Xero desirable but not essential.
A generous remuneration package includes:
- £25,000 – £32,000 + Study Package (ATT / CTA)
- pension scheme
- life assurance
- 23 days annual leave (exc BH) – increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 28 days
- opportunity to purchase additional holiday days
- access to our corporate reward scheme
- employee Assistance Programme
- opportunity to develop your skills and progress within the Firm
- relaxed and friendly working environment