We have an exciting opportunity for a Tax Senior in our Henley-on-Thames office. The role will predominantly be a personal tax role, and there will be scope for progression into more tax advisory and corporate tax work if desired with the opportunity to progress to Tax Manager. Your key responsibilities will be:
- Completion of work arising from a portfolio of personal tax clients, with primary focus being on the preparation of their personal tax returns.
- Reviewing personal tax returns prepared by junior members of the team and training those junior staff members on personal tax matters.
- Assisting with tax compliance for other taxes including forms P11D, basic corporation tax matters, forms 42 and EMI40s.
- Regular liaison with HM Revenue and Customs and clients.
- Work closely with the tax managers on tax advisory projects and research (if desired).
- Organisation of workload to ensure efficient and timely service.
- Liaising with the accounts teams to obtain necessary information and to meet any required deadlines.
- Support the growth of the Henley-on-Thames office.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience of preparing personal tax returns
- ATT qualification or equivalent experience in a relevant role in practice. CTA qualified candidates would naturally also be considered, although being CTA qualified is not a requirement
- Good IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Competitive salary (dependent on skills and experience)
- Full training package for CTA qualification (if desired)
- pension scheme
- 23 days annual leave (excl BH) – increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 28 days
- holiday purachse scheme
- access to our corporate reward scheme
- free parking on site
- Flexitime available after completion of probation period