Are you newly qualified CTA and looking for a new career opportunity?
We are looking for a Tax Advisor who is ideally based around the Portsmouth / Hampshire area, although this can flexible.
The role is primarily corporate tax focused with an element of general tax. You will be working directly with the Tax Partner and the work will involve tax advisory assignments and dealing with more complex tax queries. Full on-job training and support will be given to develop your tax knowledge and experience with a view progressing you to a senior tax role as soon as possible. This role would therefore be particularly well suited to an ambitious and newly qualified CTA.
We are looking for individuals with initiative to develop their careers and provide a first class service.
Specifically with the following knowledge and experience:
- CTA Qualified
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in tax in an accountancy practice.
- Detail orientated with the ability to analyse and interpret data, identify issues and demonstrate technical breadth by applying technical knowledge appropriately.
- Ability to explain complex tax issues in plain English for all levels of understanding.
- The ability to prioritise work and to work to strict timescales where required.
- Good IT skills specifically intermediate Excel. Previous experience of CCH is an advantage.
- Proactive, motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Organised and adaptable.
- Ability and willingness to drive the success of the firm.
A generous remuneration package includes:
- Salary £40,000 – £50,000 per annum depending on experience.
- Pension scheme.
- Life assurance.
- 23 days annual leave (exc BH) – increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 28 days.
- Opportunity to purchase additional holiday days.
- Full time hours are 37.5 hours per week with flexible working hours and working from home available.
- Access to our corporate reward scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Opportunity to develop your skills and progress within the Firm.
- Relaxed and friendly working environment