We have an exciting opportunity in our Farnham office for a Senior Tax Advisor looking to make the change from tax compliance to tax advisory work. This will initially be a mixed tax (40% personal 60% corporate), mixed compliance/tax advisory role with opportunity in the future to move out of tax compliance altogether, should you wish to do so. Key responsibilities are:
- Assisting in preparing complex tax returns for high net worth individuals, partnerships and companies
- Personal tax – capital gains tax and inheritance tax
- Completing the high level tax compliance work, as well as reviewing work completed by junior members of staff, providing feedback and constructive criticism as appropriate
- Reviewing corporation tax returns, to identify opportunities for clients.
- Drafting and preparing research and development relief claims and reports
- Setting up and implementing MBO’s
- Completing sale and purchase transactions
- Providing administrative support to managers and partners for tax advisory projects.
- Assisting with technical advisory work and research, including private client tax, VAT and corporate tax as needed
- Demonstrating an ability to analyse and interpret data, identifying issues and applying technical knowledge appropriately
- Preparing high quality, professional tax reports, ready for review by the partner
- Preparing relevant tax disclosures to HMRC
- Training junior members of staff as required.
This role is integral in helping the company meet its agreed aims and objectives within a profitable, professional, efficient and effective working environment. As the role may require you to travel to client premises it is vital you hold a current driving licence and have your own transport.
We are looking for individuals with initiative to develop their careers and provide a first class advisory service to our clients.
Specifically with the following knowledge and experience:
- CTA Qualified
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in accountancy practice with a mixed tax technical knowledge and experience of assisting clients on a variety of tax-related issues.
- Experience with high net worth individuals, personal tax, MBO’s, R&D and company sale and purchase transactions a distinct advantage.
- Excellent client relationship skills and the ability to nurture existing clients.
- Detail orientated with the ability to demonstrate technical breadth
- Ability to explain complex tax issues in plain English for all levels of understanding
- The ability to prioritise work and to work to strict timescales where required
- Good IT skills specifically intermediate Excel. Previous experience of CCH is an advantage
- Proactive, motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Organised and adaptable
- Ability and willingness to drive the success of the firm
- A fanatical attitude to client care and delivering first class customer service.
A generous remuneration package includes:
- Salary range £35k-£65k depending on experience
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 23 days annual leave (exc BH) – increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 28 days
- Opportunity to purchase additional holiday days
- Full time hours – 39.5 hours per week
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Access to our corporate reward scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Opportunity to develop your skills and progress within the Firm
- Relaxed and friendly working environment