We have an exciting opportunity in our Bournemouth office for a Senior Tax Advisor/Manager looking to make the change from tax compliance to tax advisory work. This will initially be a mixed tax, mixed compliance/tax advisory role with opportunity in the future to move out of tax compliance altogether, should you wish to do so.
Key responsibilities are:
- Completing the high level tax compliance work, as well as reviewing work completed by junior members of staff, providing feedback and constructive criticism as appropriate
- Preparing tax returns for individuals, partnerships and companies
- Training junior members of staff as required.
- Drafting and completing Corporation Tax Account Reviews, to be reviewed by Partners
- iXBRL tagging accounts
- Preparing and filing statutory documentation for companies
- Drafting and preparing research and development relief claims and reports
- Providing administrative support to managers and partners for tax advisory projects.
- Assisting with technical advisory work and research, including private client tax, VAT and corporate tax as needed
- Demonstrating an ability to analyse and interpret data, identifying issues and applying technical knowledge appropriately
- Preparing high quality, professional tax reports, ready for review by the tax manager/partner
- Preparing relevant tax disclosures to HMRC
This role is integral in helping the company meet its agreed aims and objectives within a profitable, professional, efficient and effective working environment. As the role may require you to travel to client premises it is vital you hold a current driving licence and have your own transport.
We are looking for individuals with initiative to develop their careers and provide a first class service to our clients in both compliance and advisory areas.
Specifically with the following knowledge and experience:
- CTA Qualified
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in accountancy practice with a mixed tax technical knowledge and experience of assisting clients on a variety of tax-related issues.
- Excellent client relationship skills and the ability to nurture existing clients.
- Detail orientated with the ability to demonstrate technical breadth
- Ability to explain complex tax issues in plain English for all levels of understanding
- The ability to prioritise work and to work to strict timescales where required
- Good IT skills specifically intermediate Excel. Previous experience of CCH is an advantage
- Proactive, motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Organised and adaptable
- A fanatical attitude to client care and delivering first class customer service.
We welcome applications for this role on a full time or part time basis. The part time hours have some flexibility so at interview please feel free to talk about the hours that would suit you best. For this role the part time hours would need to be 60% of full time hours (37.5 hours).
A generous remuneration package includes:
- Salary range £35k-£65k (full time) depending on experience
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 23 days annual leave (exc BH) – increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 28 days
- Opportunity to purchase additional holiday days
- Full time hours are 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Thursday, 8:30am to 5:00pm with a 1 hour unpaid lunch break, Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm with 30 minutes unpaid lunch. Part time hours to be discussed.
- Flexible working from home
- Access to our corporate reward scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Opportunity to develop your skills and progress within the Firm
- Relaxed and friendly working environment