The deadline for submitting your self-assessment tax return on paper is midnight 31 October 2017.
Those choosing to file a paper tax return must fill in form SA100.
Before you begin, you should have the following information (plus your national insurance number) to hand:
- P60 year-end certificates
- P11D expenses or benefits forms
- P45 if you have left employment
- Personal pension information
- Bank statements
- Information on any dividends or investments.
- Individuals who do not have tax deducted from their wages, pensions and savings, plus those with additional sources of income, will usually have to complete a tax return.
If you need to submit a return on behalf of business partnership or non-resident company or as a trustee, you will need the following forms:
- Non-resident companies: SA700
- Partnerships: SA800
- Trust and estate: SA900
- Trustees of a registered pension scheme: SA970.
Those who submit their tax return online have until midnight 31 January 2018. Contact us here if you need help submitting your tax return.