Our North Essex office is looking for an individual to join our payroll team who will be responsible for preparing and processing payrolls for our weekly and monthly payroll clients along with answering queries and providing support to them when required.
Key responsibilities will include:
- supporting the payroll team in providing an efficient and comprehensive payroll service to clients
- day-to-day administration of client payrolls to include RTI submissions and end of year reporting
- processing starters, leavers, SMP, SPP, SSP etc.
- uploading pension contributions
- assisting with the setup of pension schemes and any new payroll schemes
- dealing with payroll queries
- providing a comprehensive service to clients to include additional advice and information requests as required
Knowledge & Experience
- payroll qualification would be desirable
- previous payroll experience in a bureau environment or accountancy practice
- high level of accuracy and attention to detail is key
- strong organisation skills
- awareness of confidentiality and need for discretion
- good understanding of Microsoft Office
- comprehensive understanding of pensions and automatic enrolment
- Full time position Monday to Friday 9 – 5.30pm although a job share or part time will be considered for the right applicant.
Remuneration package includes:
- salary £22,000 – £28,000 full time equivalent, dependant on experience
- pension scheme
- 30 days annual leave including bank holidays
- free car parking on site access to our corporate reward scheme