We have an exciting opportunity for a Commercial and Residential Property Lawyer to join the legal team, which is led by solicitors with their own SRA authorisation – legalmatters who are in a joint venture with TC Group. Legalmatters are a firm of Solicitors who specialise in Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney, Estate and Tax Planning, Estate Administration and Probate, and Residential and Commercial Conveyancing.
The successful candidate will be employed through legalmatters but working with private clients for both TC Group and legalmatters. They are looking to grow the team and the department, so this is an excellent career opportunity.
Predominately based from home, you will ideally be within easy reach of one of our TC offices, although this is not essential. If your preference is for an office-based environment, this can be discussed.
Key responsibilities will include:
- all aspects of commercial and residential conveyancing
- acting as Senior Responsible Officer (SRO) and Head of Conveyancing for CQS
- taking responsibility for a case load and recording data and MI through workflow systems
- working closely with other departments
- supporting the growth and future development of the department
The successful candidate will have:
- at least 5 years PQE as a solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive with good hands-on conveyancing experience
- must be qualified to act as SRO and Head of Conveyancing for CQS
- ability to advise on equity release, and to undertake leasehold extension and enfranchisement work an advantage
- excellent client facing skills and the ability to nurture existing clients and third-party relationships as well as the ability to help develop new business
- the ability to prioritise work and to work to strict timescales
- technical proficiency and good IT skills
- be hard working and an excellent communicator for all levels of understanding and empathy with clients
- a fanatical attitude to client care, strong commercial acumen and dedication to building a strong firm.
A generous remuneration package includes:
- up to £50,000 basic plus performance related pay
- pension scheme
- 23 days annual leave (exc BH) – increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 25 days
- opportunity to develop your skills and progress within the Firm
- relaxed and friendly working environment