The Prime Minister today announced a tightening of restrictions in England to curb the number of daily infections as the country continues to battle COVID-19.
Key points include:
- Working from home where possible;
- Restrictions on opening hours for pubs, bars and restaurants;
- Extension of the use of face coverings for all parties in retail and indoor hospitality when not seated, and taxis;
- Tightening of the rule of six.
Much of the guidance will become legal obligations, with penalties for both individuals and businesses that breach these rules.
The restrictions could be in force for up to six months. As such, businesses will need to plan for the impact on a range of matters, including:
- Safe workspaces for both employees at work and those working from home;
- Staffing requirements;
- Future strategy and funding for the business.
If you require guidance on any of these matters, contact our HR team at email@example.com or call your local partner on 0330 088 7111.