Our busy Christchurch office is looking for an experienced Bookkeeper / Management Accountant to join our team. We have a vast range of client of all different sizes and industries, this position will provide plenty of variety, encompassing bookkeeping, management accounts preparation and VAT work for a wide range of clients.
If you have a strong background in practice and are now looking for a long term career move in a flexible and friendly environment this could be the role for you.
Key responsibilities will involve; day to day bookkeeping and reviewing the bookkeeping already prepared for a portfolio of clients including limited companies, charities, partnerships and soletraders, as well as reconciliations of the main control accounts; preparing monthly management accounts to a high standard; preparing and filing VAT returns for various VAT schemes; attending client premises, where necessary, to undertake bookkeeping role on-site which includes preparation of management information for clients; providing training to clients on various packages and bookkeeping skills as required; supporting colleagues with accounts work when required including preparation of statutory accounts and corporate tax returns.
As the role may require you to travel to client premises it is vital you hold a current driving licence and have your own transport.
You will ideally have the following skills and experience:
- recent and relevant bookkeeping experience including preparing and submitting VAT returns, reconciling control accounts with an accountancy or bookkeeping practice
- previous experience of preparing management accounts is desirable, but training can be given
- AAT qualified/newly qualified ACCA or ACA/Qualified by Experience
- able to confidently use Xero, QuickBooks and Sage and be keen to help drive cloud based accounting solutions across the firm
- hands on, diligent and demonstrates excellent client interpersonal skills
- excellent organisation skills and ability to multi-task
- proficient with Excel, Word and Outlook
- team player with a strong work ethic and drive
- ability to work under own initiative and to tight deadlines
- adaptable to provide support with year end accounts work with your skill set
A generous remuneration package includes:
- salary negotiable, based on experience and qualifications
- pension scheme
- life assurance
- 23 days annual leave (exc BH) – increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 28 days
- opportunity to purchase additional holiday days
- hybrid working – mixed of working from home and office in the week
- access to our corporate reward scheme
- employee Assistance Programme
- opportunity to develop your skills and progress within the Firm
- relaxed and friendly working environment