Our East Bristol office has an opportunity for a Bookkeeper to join the accounts team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- preparing VAT returns
- resolving client VAT queries
- posting invoices onto software
- bank reconciliations
- general bookkeeping duties
- training clients to use various different software packages
- ad-hoc duties as required.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- minimum 2 years’ experience Bookkeeper experience either in industry or practice. Accountancy practice is preferable
- AAT qualification would be advantageous
- good knowledge of VAT and PAYE other taxes/schemes, including CIS would also be beneficial
- previous experience with Xero, Sage, Quickbooks, Kashflow and office management software like MS Office (namely Word & Excel)
- strong organisation skills with a problem-solving attitude.
- excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure
A generous remuneration package includes:
- competitive market rate salary
- pension scheme
- life assurance
- full time – Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week
- 23 days annual leave (exc BH) – increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 28 days
- access to our corporate reward scheme
- employee Assistance Programme
- opportunity to develop your skills and progress within the Firm
- relaxed and friendly working environment